Living In Cebu Forum. Best Expat Living in Cebu. Find Out Everything On Philippines
Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Cebuana teen wins Princess of the World contest in Bulgaria

https://entertainment.mb.com.ph/2019/06/25/cebuana-teen-wins-princess-of-the-world-contest-in-bulgaria/

Cebuana teen wins Princess of the World contest in Bulgaria

Published June 25, 2019, 9:34 AM

A 13-year-old girl made the Philippines proud after she was proclaimed grand winner in the Princess of the World contest held at the Paradise Blue Hotel in Varna, Bulgaria recently.

PRINCESS OF THE WORLD 2019 -Newly crowned Princess of the World 2019 Jashley Murro Van Hemelen (left) poses with Maan Cueto Aris, president of GlaMore Productions.

PRINCESS OF THE WORLD 2019 -Newly crowned Princess of the World 2019 Jashley Murro Van Hemelen (left) poses with Maan Cueto Aris, president of GlaMore Productions.

Jashley Murro Van Hemelen of Singapore School in Cebu bested 39 other international teen candidates for the title.

During the contest, Hemelen also won gold medal in modeling, Best National Costume, and the Albena Resort Choice Award.

Hemelen is into sports such as soccer, badminton, and swimming.

In her message after winning the pageant, Hemelen paid tribute to her family, mentor and supporters.

“Thank you for all your support and prayers. I’m very grateful to have this opportunity and to have a very supportive country. Thank you Prince and Princess Philippines Family especially Tita Maan for believing in me. To ate Sam for my hair and make up, Sir Danny for my gowns, Lyndon for my National Costume. And to my parents who are always there for me,” Hemelen said.

Maan Cueto Aris, president of GlaMore Productions, congratulated Hemelen for her victory.

“Jashley did great the entire week. She overcome her shyness and was able to make friends with everyone, especially the girls from Botswana, Kosovo and Japan. But aside from that, she was able to show that she prepared very well, from costumes to executions.

Outstanding performances lead Jashley to be crowned Princess of the World 2019,” Aris said.

Aris also said that GlaMore Productions will be sending more Filipino kids and teens in two more international pageants toward the end of the year.

Hemelen and her family are on vacation right now in Austria, Belgium, and France. They will be back in Manila on July 5.