Living In Cebu Forum. Best Expat Living in Cebu. Find Out Everything On Philippines

Living In Cebu Forum. Best Expat Living in Cebu. Find Out Everything On Philippines

Hi there,

Could you advice me how much to send a Philipina in this situations:

- I write her, have never seen or met her in person. I like the contact and do not want that she pays the costs for contact me. Howmuch is reasonable to send her monthly. And it should be enough for an icecream or lunch on her day off once a week. 

- when I decide to send an amount that really make her life nicer, easier, is a good help, but still she needs to have a job. So a helping hand.

- when I really want to take care of her but in a simple way. No luxury.

Thank you already for your reply

18 hours ago, A teacher named Preacher said:

Hi there,

Could you advice me how much to send a Philipina in this situations:

- I write her, have never seen or met her in person. I like the contact and do not want that she pays the costs for contact me. Howmuch is reasonable to send her monthly. And it should be enough for an icecream or lunch on her day off once a week. 

- when I decide to send an amount that really make her life nicer, easier, is a good help, but still she needs to have a job. So a helping hand.

- when I really want to take care of her but in a simple way. No luxury.

Thank you already for your reply

A decent internet connection at home runs about p1800 monthly. Ice cream about p65 and a decent lunch about p300.

p1800 globe

p1200 lunches

p260 ice cream

pp3260 + some extra travel money.

I'd sent about $100 usd a month

18 hours ago, A teacher named Preacher said:

And it should be enough for an icecream or lunch on her day off once a week.

I ask my helpers, 250-300 pesos a week they say.  To me its seems to little.  They say nice good lunch at Jollibee is less then 150.??

I used to lunch buffet around 1k hehe

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StudlyDoRight said:

A decent internet connection at home runs about p1800 monthly. Ice cream about p65 and a decent lunch about p300.

p1800 globe

p1200 lunches

p260 ice cream

pp3260 + some extra travel money.

I'd sent about $100 usd a month

Hello, you are spoiling her! A lunch OR an icecream, not both !! She will become fat. haha, biero lang!

I was thinking about 4000 peso a month. So I think we have about the same idea.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, goran said:

I ask my helpers, 250-300 pesos a week they say.  To me its seems to little.  They say nice good lunch at Jollibee is less then 150.??

I used to lunch buffet around 1k hehe

Yes, but what is your favorit lunch dish or food.

And what is the favorit lunch for Pinoy. Adobo, Caldereta, with rice. 

My lunch (brunch) 11.30  is 6 tomatoes  3-4 eggs and 125 gr. ham or bacon. All baked in a pan. With 6 slices of full eat bread and several cups of coffee.

That keeps me going till dinner at 7.

But I never found a good hotel or restorant where I can order that. So this is my at home brunch.

But I agree that with 150 peso you have reasonable Phillipine style lunch. When I brunch outside my favorit is rice, soup and liempo (Roasted fat porc belly) Ofcourse with coffee.

Edited by A teacher named Preacher

2 hours ago, A teacher named Preacher said:

My lunch (brunch) 11.30  is 6 tomatoes  3-4 eggs and 125 gr. ham or bacon. All baked in a pan. With 6 slices of full eat bread and several cups of coffee.

I eat my lunch at Vikings or some of the hotels 90% of the times

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A teacher named Preacher said:

Hello, you are spoiling her! A lunch OR an icecream, not both !! She will become fat. haha, biero lang!

I was thinking about 4000 peso a month. So I think we have about the same idea.

I agree. That is just about right . If she wants more she will have to get it from either her husband or her bf . 

12 hours ago, A teacher named Preacher said:

I was thinking about 4000 peso a month.

Oh Man my 4 girls I have on staff probably burn thru more than that a day each.   I keep my gals happy and agreeable.   

Is that in or excluded massage? 

But it is not my staff. It is just somebody I write with !! Never seen her, just want to pay her her cost for internet and a little extra for merienda now and then.

Who knows, maybe she has a dozen or two from this kind of "friends". Two dozen is 24 times lets make it in generall 5000 piso each, what  makes 120.000 a month. Not bad, at least a lot of merienda !!

Edited by A teacher named Preacher