Living In Cebu Forum. Best Expat Living in Cebu. Find Out Everything On Philippines

Living In Cebu Forum. Best Expat Living in Cebu. Find Out Everything On Philippines

Globetrotter

Been here 6 months+ ECC is REQUIRED before departure.

ECC is required if one have been in the country for 6 months. Go to Bureau of Immigration at least 7 days before departure. Call BI first and ask about the latest requirements, to get a ECC.

* Passport

* Booking confirmation

* ACR-I card

* possibly photos and photo copy of passport and entry stamps. Call first, requirements do change.

DO NOT go to Airport without a ECC.

You most likely to be denied departure, until you apply for ECC at the local BI office. Not at the airport.

If you at the end of your visa, a new visa might be required  until your ECC is ready in a few days.

* ECC is only needed if you been here 6 months, or more.

Stay less than 6 months, do not require ECC.

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/emigration-clearance-certificate-ecc

post-759-0-31105400-1329135726.jpg.cf.jpg

Talked with a expat friend of mine just now, who said that some people resently got ECC at the new airport terminal. As always, if you there on the right time and meet the right officer, you might, or not.

I still stand by my recommendation, to apply for ECC at BI office ahead of departure, and don't risk to be stuck at airport.  If any here succeeded to get ECC at the airport, please post.

Unless something has changed recently, I'm pretty certain that an ECC before departure is NOT  required for people staying in the country on a Balikbayan stamp in their passport.

For TOURIST  not married with a local, ECC is required.

For married people, I never asked because Im not married.

Edit: maybe you could make a separate thread for those on 13A, balikbayan ??

Edited by Globetrotter