First date, what to expect?

First date, what to expect?

So you already got a lady's phone number and you chat on viber, facebook, skype. You now set a date and time. First date is typically in a mall, morning or early afternoon. Choose Ayala, because Ayala also have a nice garden where you can start and end the date.

Most dates are held between 10am to 3pm. Your date want to be home before dark.

Meet on time, most ladies will arrive late to a date (unless you say American time, meaning On Time. Even so, don't expect your date to be on time). My first dates, I always waited average 2 hours or more, before my date arrived. Irritating for us who come from a culture where we always arrrive 10 minute before agreed time. Just get used to it, it's the culture (they call it traffic or rain) even when the weather is sunny and excellent. You can't fight this, better get used to it. Set the date 2 hour earlier than you wish to meet, and she probably arrive  2 hours later, but still the time you really wanted to meet. A win win situation.  You will not be moody because she arrived late. She will not be shy or scared you moody because she arrived late.

Typically she want to bring a cousin, a sister, a friend. If you say ok, you are expected to treat all of them for lunch and ice cream for desert. If you say no to bring cousin, sister, friend, you will loose some dates. The most conservative ladies simply will not meet you without a chaperone. Period! Others less conservative, just want a date with you to get a free meal, and only meet you because she was bored at home. You become her break from her else boring life. Also, what local would say no to a Jollibee meal? None. If you lucky, your date came because she really want to find a new partner.

Don't bring your date to expensive foreign restaurants. It's a waste of money. Most haven't eaten foreign food before, will not like it, usually only eat 10-20% of the food on the plate, in a expensive foreign restaurant. Ask your date, where she like to have lunch. Majority love Jollibee. She will enjoy it. You won't. Eat a good breakfast before your date. (Later, after the date, you can always drop by Social or TGI Fridays or your prefered restaurant for a meal).

After (your) her meal at the place she choosed, a walk around the mall is ok for her, and suggest to go down in the garden, pass by Ice cream shop and ask if she would like to have ice cream. Its expensive in Ayala, but make a nice last memory for her, from your date.  Enjoy the ice cream in the beautiful garden in Ayala, before you offer to follow her to the taxi, and say you pay for it. If you like your date and you feel there is a mutual attraction, send her home in a taxi.  She will appreciate the gesture.  If there was no mutual attraction, I would follow her to Jeepney, and give her jeepney fare for both ways.

Second date, I would done something similar and added going to the movie theatre as well. If you are a serious man looking for a lady with serious intentions, do not expect any kiss or more on the first few dates. Pinays are conservative in public, and don't want to do anything in public that could possibly make other people think bad about her as person. Respect this and her culture, and you probably on the way to a long term serious relation.

How was your first dates?

Edited by Globetrotter
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hm this storry dont matsh up to anny of my experience in real life in Sweden or here in the Philippines, or maybe when I was 14-15. 
"do not expect any kiss or more on the first few dates" LOL

Girls and boys in the Philippines is like all other girls and boys. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, goran said:

Hm this storry dont matsh up to anny of my experience in real life in Sweden or here in the Philippines, or maybe when I was 14-15. 
"do not expect any kiss or more on the first few dates" LOL

Girls and boys in the Philippines is like all other girls and boys. 

Agreed. If a girl is bold enough to date a foreigner she knows the requirements to keep dating the foreigner.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, StudlyDoRight said:

I've been on many 1st dates in the Philippines. Never has a family member ever towed along. 

That's true me either.  Our Italian friend at the party made a date with Melissa's sister and Melissa said she will go along but I think that's different.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, sylvester said:

That's true me either.  Our Italian friend at the party made a date with Melissa's sister and Melissa said she will go along but I think that's different.  

The lucky guy doesn't know it yet but my sister and I are very fond of 3somes- and we both are turned on by this guy so we decided to surprise him!! hehehe

• Haha 1